Why is it So Important for the Shooters?
Add accuracy to your long range shooting with the best long range scope and experience something exciting- here goes the punch line!! Yes, we believe in it and let us tell you why…
Hunting or shooting is an amazing thing!! But, when it comes to long range shooting you would really need a perfect equipment because your experience won’t be enough. Accuracy is the key point here and what else can give you perfection better than these long range rifle scopes.
What’s your Benefit?
To enhance your shooting experience you would require practicing with long range rifle scopes. You would need them for precise shooting applications because a 0.001 inaccuracy is even detrimental to long distance shooting. At the same time, you should know which is the best long range scope to purchase. Although some of the bolt-action rifles don’t need extra scopes, they always help as added benefit. If I were in your place, I would have definitely tried that!!
Why You Need Reviews?
For long range rifle scopes you can’t just rely on advertisements. It can mislead you. The unbiased reviews are the best source to know more about the best scopes you are going to purchase. If you hit the market without even knowing the product description and price range, you may discover yourself purchasing a less valued product at a higher price. That’s where the reviews are much more helpful.
We have been researching best scopes for a long time and we know what is better for you. So, we have prepared this guideline to give you a detailed idea about rifle scopes. Here you will get everything necessary to know before making your purchase.
Pick Your Rifle Scope First
Find out you intend first before you choose your best long range scope. Ask yourself, “What will be my purpose?” and then act accordingly. It is the use of the scope that will define the required magnification and field of view. It will not only save your money but give you the exact fitting rifle scope for your purposes also. Like, an animal hunter and a target shooter will definitely use different scopes because of their motives are different.
Let’s take a look at some of the Categories
Short Range Rifle Scopes
These are ideal for short distance shooting or low visibility areas. Use short range rifle scopes where you can’t see beyond 150 yards. To get a perfect vision you need to adjust the power, magnification and the variables of your scope. Nothing else!!
Medium Range Rifle Scope
Medium range rifle scopes are for general purposes and 100-200 yards distance range. Even some of the best scopes can extend this limit up to 300 yards. The most impressive feature of these types of scopes is their ability to offer a wide field of view in low settings. The fixed 4X power is also admirable.
Long Range Rifle Scope
If you are someone who loves hunting in open areas, then the long range is your type. The best long range scopes are usually mounted on barrel rifles and they cover distances from 300 yards and above. You would get a wide range of variety in magnification models too.
These scopes have specialized optics and usually mounted on the forward of the receiver. You get extended eye relief but the lesser field of view. Scout scopes are meant for action. Shooters who love a working rifle and use scopes for general purpose can try this out!
Factors To Consider Before Purchase
This is an important section for those who want to buy the best long range scope in the market. Check it out-
A high-quality glass differentiates the product from other ordinary ones. To see the target clearly in lower magnifications, you would need a clear glass. It is extremely important to long range hunting. A quality glass allows you to know the accuracy factor the wind has on target in reading mirage. We have seen people neglecting this factor due to price issues. Let us warn you, a rifle scope with a low-quality glass is nothing but a waste of money.
The reticle is essential to calculate the drop when the target is beyond 100 yards. To estimate distance and elevation accurately the reticle should have dots that are evenly spaced. The type of the reticle also matters. For long range hunting, a reticle with clear marks along the vertical and horizontal axis is much more suitable. Consider it before purchasing your best long range scope because it will serve you for sure.
The zooming power of at least 18x is the minimum requirement for long range shooting. You should get a comfortable vision from the zooming when your moving target is 100 yards away from sight. The low end of the zooming range is important too. The lens should be adjustable for situations when the target comes up much closer. In the cases of long range hunting scopes, it must allow the user to zoom out down to 8x to focus the targets below 50 yards. Probably, 5-25x magnification is the ideal variant for best long range scopes.
Elevation Adjustment Range
You should have all the features available in your scope when it comes to long distance hunting and elevation adjustment is one of them.Elevation adjustment indicates the amount of adjustment a rifle scope allows internally. A 100 MOA/27.3 mil of elevation adjustment is ideal for the scope to be more accurate.
Size Of The Target
50-55 mm is the ideal objective size for long range shooting applications.
This is another important consideration. In some situations, the placement of the reticle makes the object difficult to see which can lead to a faulty aiming. However, if you are using a front focal plane scope, you will have an advantage. Here the lines of the reticle will always maintain the same relative distance part. In the cases of second focal plane scopes, the reticles always remain in the same size.
It’s time to show you our top picked rifle scopes. We have researched all the products in the markets and shortlisted them a few for your betterment. We hope they will be well worth your money and don’t shortfall in quality.
Take a look at the 5 Best Long Range Scope
UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope Review
- Very clear scopes
- The scope can be operated without any battery, only the illuminator requires battery functions
- Suitable for all ages
- Precise in shooting targets at 100 yards distance
- Comes with scope rings to make the fitting work easy
- Perfect for the hunters who doesn’t want to carry batteries all the time
- Holds zero incredibly well
- Exposed controls. Any maladjustments may happen without even your knowledge
- Require little adjustments to hold the zero
- The illuminator doesn’t function without batteries
This best long range scope is gun expert’s favorite. You can surely rely on this stable equipment because it is manufactured by professional sharpshooters for precise log range shooting. We have personally experienced the product at work &we were overwhelmed by its performance. The scope is capable of hitting the target right on the dot every single time. We have also found the Innovative True Strength Mechanism of this scope very fascinating. Interestingly, this rifle scope has been tested with guns that have heavy recoils like elephant rifles and killer airguns. And, guess what…it passed the test quite convincingly!!
It can be the best deal for the money & we certainly recommend this product.
UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope Review
- It’s flare free
- Extended eye relief
- Adopts all hunting styles
- Provides crisp view for an accurate shooting
- Built on TS platform & shockproof
- 2 powerful magnification of 3x and 9x
- Performance good under any weather or light situations
- Parallax settings range from 3 to 100 yards
- Resettable premium zero
- Adjustable and lockable turrets
- A bit heavier
- Crosshair is not up to the mark
If you prefer safe and convenient shooting, then don’t hesitate to choose UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope. This is one of the best scopes in the market that adds efficiency to your rifle.It’s loaded with features!! The emerald coated lenses provide you flare free view to get an accurate shot. Plus, the illuminated reticle will keep you right on your target. Amazed? Well, it’s just a summary. You can learn more from our full review. There is a reason why we have put it in the best long range scope section. It offers parallax adjustable range from 3 to 100 yards so that you can get rid of the bugs while not hunting.
Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC) Review
- Any weather resistant
- Adjustable knobs
- Compact design
- Comfortable for eyes
- Quick-focus eyepiece
- Easy to use
- Comes well within the price
- Provides great service for long years
- Multi-coated optical system
- Best for long range shooting
- Some users found the control system not up to the mark
- Not a great device for long range shots
Nikon is a prominent brand for optical products. It always comes up with innovation in quality and standard designs. We were largely satisfied with the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope as it filled up all our shooting needs. Packed with extraordinary features, this best long range scapegoat everyone’s attention with its robust construction and jet black matte finish. It delivers maximum light transmission and the turret adjustment procedure is also great.
Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire Review
- Great battery life
- Superb value for the price
- Fits well in any watery and foggy condition
- Crystal clear lenses
- Superior light transmission
- Has the strength to withstand recoil force
- Protective aluminum housing
- Anti-reflective multicoated optics
- Fast focus eyepiece
- Provides different mounting options
- Not the best eye relief
- Takes a lot of rail space
- The optic mount drops with time
The Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope is a great scope for a super price. Whatever your reason is, if it’s for serious work or just for casual shooting, you can use this accessory for any purposes. We have tested its dependability. You can count on this best scope for any competition or real life tactical situations. It is so perfectly crafted that you won’t face any difficulty while shooting. Moreover, you have the option to improvise with this best long range scope. We haven’t talked more about the technical parts. You can surely find them on our full review section.
Nikon P-223 3-9×40 Mate BDC 600
- Comes with a sleek design and tons of features
- The scope can be adjusted with accessible turrets
- Equip it with flip caps to get top class performances
- Provides a lot of facility in a low price
- Image quality is as high as other Nikon brands
- Has more eye relief and provides constant support to the brow
- Zoom works really well
- The turret lines are not aligned with corresponding scope line
- Aiming the target using the dots gets very difficult at times
The Nikon P-223 3-9×40 Mate BDC 600 is designed with immense speed sight detection mechanism and it is rated as one of the best scopes that offer precision on long range shooting. You would get top quality brightness as the entire lens system is multi-coated to give you picture clarity. The maximum limit of the light transmission is up to 98% which is really impressive. Overall, it will be a good choice if you prefer Nikon products.
Yes, we know, some of the beginner guys still might take some interest in this topic. So, we will talk about how to sight in a rifle scope briefly here. The professional may skip this part!
It’s ok if you don’t know. It is a good time to learn it how. Follow the steps below-
- At first, you have to mount the scope on your rifle. After fixing, screw it up tightly.
- Choose a safe place with clear surroundings.
- Select a firm base as like rifle rest, sandbag or bipod. No part of the rifle should touch the hard surface.
- Now, set your scope to maximum magnification level
- Set the target up to 10 yards away from your rifle. This is the best distance to get a clear view of the target.
- Focus and work out your eyepiece until you get the sharpest possible view.
- Reset windage turrets and elevation.
- Now you can load the pallet carefully.
- Aim at the center of the target and trigger the button.
- You have to observe the point where the pellet hits the target.
- If you have misfired then you need to adjust the turrets. Hold the rifle firmly and without moving the rifle change the position of your crosshair.
- Now, aim at the center of the target and fire.
- Repeat the process until you heat the center.
Cleaning is mandatory for any accessories. It goes same for the rifle scopes. For better performances, you need to clean your rifle scope on a regular basis. You must be wondering how! Let’s show you how it should be done-
- You need to keep the glass surface clean. Use a soft brush to clean away all the dirt. You can use an air blower instead of a brush and it is more effective in removing dust particles.
- Minor smudges occur sometimes and they can be irritating. To get rid of these you can use chemical-free clothes or soft-tech microfiber.
- Eyeglass tissues or a mild soap solution is effective in removing lubricants and fingerprints from a lens.
Why investing on best scopes are remarkable? Most people focus mainly on purchasing expensive rifles and cheaper rifle scopes. We don believe in this theory and we have tried to explain it why throughout this article. Saving a few dollars on the scopes may bring catastrophic effects to your shooting experiences. So, think again and ask yourself you should you miss all the fun??
Getting a best long range scope is not a daunting task. All you have to do is to follow our guideline and assess the available products in the market. You can also have a look at our product review section where you’ll find a decent amount of quality long range scopes.
Just remember one thing, great products doesn’t come cheap. So, start preparing your budget plan from now and purchase your desired rifle scope accommodating all your shooting needs.